Remote interpreting allows the different participants not to travel. This type of service allows for the exchange of mainly off-site information.
A site visit is possible if the participants are equipped with a tablet connected in wifi or 4G.
At the scheduled time, everyone connects and is simultaneously present in a group. It is also possible to display information by sharing the screen to improve understanding.
Case study :
A communication agency in Paris asks me if I can provide interpretation (interpreting) between a French journalist working for an electronics magazine and a CEO of a start-up in Los Angeles.
The remote online interpreting mission starts
After having studied the case and each speakers’profile, on the D day, the different speakers join the group I created on Skype and after the usual presentations the interview begins. This is consecutive interpreting, i.e. each speaker speaks for a few minutes, stops to have me translate orally to the other speaker.
The advantages of Remote interpreting are multiple:
- No travel, you save time
- Fuel saving
- Zero carbon footprint, a genuine eco-friendly service
- Global mobility, each participant can reside anywhere in the world
What are the limits?
- You have to deal with the time zones of the different stakeholders.
- The number of speakers are limited to 5 for an optimal quality of service
- A tablet, a desktop or a laptop and a reliable internet connection are required