Today, 90% of world trade in goods is carried out by sea. Shipping and maritime transport are essential activities in the global economy. Mastering English has become indispensable in a context where the majority of exchanges often take place in this language. It is therefore essential to develop solid knowledge bases linked to maritime professions.
Develop oral and written English skills specific to the maritime field.
Acquire and assimilate specialised vocabulary.
Master idiomatic expressions, pronunciation and correct intonation in real situations.
1. Initial assessment of trainee’s knowledge.
2. Elaboration of the customised progress plan.
3. Review of structures and grammatical knowledge.
4. Listening and reading comprehension exercises.
5. Written communication in the maritime field (emails, fax, letters).
6. Oral communication (telephone, meetings).
7. Training and prior learning assessment tests.
A training certificate will be delivered after a final test.
Certification : Pipplet FLEX. éligible au Compte Personnel de Formation.
Location of the training In the office of the client company or in a training room of a service provider according to the specific needs of the client.
Technical facilities Computer and video projector. PDF and PowerPoint files. Shared cloud space.
Trainer profile: Patrick Lemarié, International Management Consultant
Training in maritime English is based on the following teaching methods:
Grammar, maritime vocabulary, training tests...
Audio, video, role-playing and simulation games
Transit, import, export, consignment...
Debates, group work and sub-groups
Sharing personal experiences